Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John K Chan has the following 3 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
Dr. John K Chan has the following 9 expertise
- Lasik Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
Dr. John K Chan is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
21 Years Experience
New York Medical College
Graduated in 1997
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John K Chan in this video.
Dr. John K Chan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Union City, CA.