Get the facts about non-healing wounds, including the different types and what causes wounds to resist healing.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John K Frazier has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
Dr. John K Frazier has the following 15 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Surgery
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
Dr. John K Frazier has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John K Frazier is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 11
I arrived at 1:45pm for a 2pm appointment. Wasn't called into the examination room until 3pm. Only saw the nurse and PA. Dr. Frazier never bothered to come in the exam room and I know he was in the office (over booked). The PA took an xray and declared that all I had was tendonitis and to take Lodine. I called back in a month when the pain was still the same and was told the next appointment where I might get to see Dr. Frazier was in 6 weeks. I went to another doctor who ran physical strength test and prescribed an MRI. The diagnosis is a 90% detachment of the rotator cuff and a bone spur (which was clear in the xray and MISSED by the PA). If you want a glorified nurse making the call on your injury, then maybe Webster Ortho is Ok for you. I actually want to see someone that is trained to be a surgeon.
I had surgery for a torn meniscus in 2004. Dr. Fraizer said I'd be back on the tennis court in 2 months. I could never play again. I have not walked without pain since the surgery.I was not sent to physical therapy until 3 weeks after my surgery. I now know that was way too long to wait. I do not know if it contributed to my on-going pain.When I continued to complain about the pain, the doctor suggested I may need a partial knee replacement. That is when I sought a 2nd opinion.I have undergone a series of tests from doctors in many fields since 2004 and no one has been able to stop the pain. I have always wondered if the delayed therapy contributed to this.
43 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. John K Frazier accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
Locations & DirectionsWebster Orthopedics, 5801 Norris Canyon Rd Ste 210, San Ramon, CA
Dr. John K Frazier is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ramon, CA.