Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John K Lovell has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. John K Lovell has the following 8 expertise
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Migraine Disorder
Dr. John K Lovell has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John K Lovell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My husband has had a seizure disorder for over 30 years. The medication he had been taking all that time just quit working. We went to several neurologists, but none got the treatment or meds right. Until we saw Dr. Lovell. We spent thousands of dollars on one neurologist after another with different meds, tests, etc, until we saw Dr. Lovell. One neurologists mix of treatment and meds sent my husband to the ER. Dr. Lovell figured out the right combo of new meds and treatment, and our lives finally went back to normal, after a very frightening and expensive 9 months of seeking help from other neurologists here in Las Vegas. The only complaint we have is that it looks like he is getting ready to retire! 😀. Thank you dr. Lovell, for giving us our lives back!
What I like about Dr Lovell is the time he takes to listen, he studies what is said, and is conscious. He takes detail notes and reviews them to make sure he interprets correctly. He's knowledgeable and informative. Unfortunately his office help does not go the distance like he does but if you stay on top of them and remain proactive then the results are fine.
35 Years Experience
University Of Utah School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Dr. John K Lovell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Value Network HMO NV Only
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health Care of Nevada PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
One Health Network
- One Health Network
Prominence Health Plan
- Prominence Southern Nevada - HMO Employer Sponsored
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsYu Neurology And Electrodiagnostic Center, 2430 W Horizon Ridge Pkwy, Henderson, NV
Dr. John K Lovell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Henderson, NV.