More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Meyers has the following 3 specialties
- Foot and Ankle Orthopedics
An orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon can consult and operate on injuries and issues that may affect the bones, muscles, tendons, cartilage, ligaments and joints in your foot and ankle. Arthritis, bunions and flat feet are just a few of the issues that a foot and ankle surgeon might help you with.
Any kind of reconstructive surgery or surgery needed to treat a sports-related injury would also land you in the care of a foot and ankle surgeon. However, beyond surgery, they can also offer other treatment options such as physical therapy and rehabilitation.
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Meyers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Northeastern Nv Regional Hospital
31 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. John Meyers accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlpine Sports Medicine, 2219 N 5th St, Elko, NV
Dr. John Meyers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Elko, NV.