Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Karan has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Physical Therapy Modalities
Showing 5 of 10
One of the worst experiences I've ever had. I was having numbness in my feet and was recommended to go see Dr. Karan for testing. Waited 15 minutes before being put into a room, where nurse asked me questions about why I was there. Many of these I had already answered via office paperwork. Nurse then did various tests and left. Waited another 10 minutes for Dr, who walked into the room while talking on his cell phone. 10 minutes later, he hung up and went through the paperwork I had filled out and asked the same questions the nurse asked. He then started asking questions about my personal life - who did I live with (boyfriend), what was my relationship with him (again, boyfriend) and was I married to him (no...again, boyfriend). He asked me why I wasn't married to him (I joked that I had the other "m" in our relationship - a mortgage) and that I should be married to him if I was living with him. I was too stunned to give the reply this statement deserved. He did the basic checkup tests but kept taking breaks to answer cell phone - half of which were not work related (one was about a gold session with a friend). His final recommendation was to run a series of painful tests to assess my neurological system. I asked if the numbness in my foot might be related to a bad back and several back injuries. He assured me that no, that wasn't the cause. I left, didn't return and went to see a great chiropractor who fix up my back and foot.
Dr. Karan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
ValleyCare Health System
Sutter Delta Medical Center
Valley Memorial Hospital
San Ramon Regional Medical Center
Sutter Medical Network
SEBMF - Delta Division
Sutter Delta Medical Center Opens in new window
Sutter Delta Medical Group - SEBMF, Delta Division
- Osmania Medical College
Dr. John Karan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Karan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ramon, CA.