Dr. John Karan Is this you?

1.8

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. John Karan?

find another doctor immediately

Posted on October 26th, 2012

I recently had a brain tumor removed that was causing multiple symptoms and seizures. Dr. Karan told me I did not need to tell anyone I had a brain tumor. Glad I found another neurologist.

1 star too many

Posted on January 24th, 2012

One of the worst experiences I've ever had. I was having numbness in my feet and was recommended to go see Dr. Karan for testing. Waited 15 minutes before being put into a room, where nurse asked me questions about why I was there. Many of these I had already answered via office paperwork. Nurse then did various tests and left. Waited another 10 minutes for Dr, who walked into the room while talking on his cell phone. 10 minutes later, he hung up and went through the paperwork I had filled out and asked the same questions the nurse asked. He then started asking questions about my personal life - who did I live with (boyfriend), what was my relationship with him (again, boyfriend) and was I married to him (no...again, boyfriend). He asked me why I wasn't married to him (I joked that I had the other "m" in our relationship - a mortgage) and that I should be married to him if I was living with him. I was too stunned to give the reply this statement deserved. He did the basic checkup tests but kept taking breaks to answer cell phone - half of which were not work related (one was about a gold session with a friend). His final recommendation was to run a series of painful tests to assess my neurological system. I asked if the numbness in my foot might be related to a bad back and several back injuries. He assured me that no, that wasn't the cause. I left, didn't return and went to see a great chiropractor who fix up my back and foot.

Posted on January 18th, 2012

Dr. refused to tell me what an EMG entailed. Took phone calls on his cell phone while doing the EMG. Consulted with other doctors about patients while on speaker phone in my presence. Rude. Receptionist consistently conveyed incorrect info. Sent partial reports to my internist.

Lack of Communication

Posted on August 27th, 2011

Office is dirty and doctor doesn't talk much. I wasn't sure what was expected or what was going on!

Posted on September 20th, 2010

the most unprofessional doctor I have ever experienced. I felt like I was being kicked out of his office while my hand was bleeding after he stuck the needle in there wrong. I've never had so much pain before after leaving his office. Very rude and made two personal phone calls while I was there.

Prepare to WAIT with out reason!

Posted on September 16th, 2010

I arrived on time to my appt. and after an hour of waiting with no explanation from the office staff, I asked how much longer...the receptionist didn't know. Then after more waiting I complained again. All the receptionist then said was "It's not my fault". Needless to say I left without being seen and will never return.

might want a second opinion

Posted on April 12th, 2010

If you have something wrong with you that doesn't show up on an MRI or CAT scan, you may want to get a second opinion. His belief is that if it doesn't show up on the test, then there is nothing wrong with you.

Posted on September 1st, 2015