Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Kestle
Dr. John Kestle, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Neurological Surgery and Child Neurology. Dr. Kestle is affiliated with Primary Children's Medical Center, University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics and Primary Children+s Medical Center. Dr. Kestle has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Kestle has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
Dr. John Kestle has the following 14 expertise
- Brain Arteriovenous Malformation (Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformations)
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Craniotomy (Brain Surgery)
- Glial Cancer (Glioma)
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Muscle Spasticity
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Cancer
- Spinal Cord Compression
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Kestle is a wonderful doctor! As soon as we found out that our daughter needed brain surgery everyone said we should try to get Dr. Kestle. When our little daughter had brain surgery he wasnt exactly sure what to do, so he consulted with the other doctors and then came back with a plan. I love that he didnt just jump right in, or pretend like he knew everything. I love that he took the time to weigh his options and get second opinions. Our daughter loves him and is doing WONDERFUL because of Dr. Kestle!
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Kestle is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Primary Children's Medical Center
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Primary Children+s Medical Center
29 Years Experience
Schulich School Of Medicine At The University Of Western Ontario
Graduated in 1984
Dr. John Kestle accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrimary Children's Medical Center, 100 N Mario Capecchi Dr, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. John Kestle is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.