Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John A Kirby
Dr. John A Kirby, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Cherry Hill, NJ. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kirby is affiliated with University Hospital (UMDNJ) and Virtua Voorhees Hospital. Dr. Kirby has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John A Kirby has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Nutritional Support
- Fainting (Syncope)
- Skin Rash (Acrodermatitis)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Memory Disorders
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Peptic Ulcer
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Lyme Disease
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Sprains and Strains
- Seizure Disorders
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Anxiety Disorders
- Weight Loss
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Intestinal Diseases
- Viral Human Hepatitis
- Bunions (Hallux Valgus)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Stomach Diseases
- Urinary Retention
- Smoking Cessation
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Now the office Staff I'm not too crazy about. However, here is a brilliant doctor! This is rare and hard to find today.You do not have to wait long in the office. He explains things in detail. He's caring, knows what he's doing. He is a great doctor!
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Dr. Kirby is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. John A Kirby accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsCooper Physicians, 1210 Brace Rd Ste 102, Cherry Hill, NJ
Dr. John A Kirby is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cherry Hill, NJ.