The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Kucharczuk
Dr. John Kucharczuk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA, with other offices in Philadelphia, PA and Glenside, PA (and 2 other locations). He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery. Dr. Kucharczuk is affiliated with Graduate Hospital, University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian and Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Dr. Kucharczuk has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Kucharczuk has the following 2 specialties
- Thoracic Surgery
If you need surgery to treat a complication in your chest, which includes your lungs, esophagus, diaphragm and heart, your doctor will refer you to a thoracic surgeon. They’re trained to offer surgical treatment for tumors and abnormalities in these areas as well as respiratory and heart conditions like lung cancer, heart disease and diseases in the diaphragm.
Thoracic surgeons are similar to heart surgeons, except they have additional training in the entire cardiorespiratory system and in how your blood vessels work with your lungs and airways. They’re also trained on catheters used in the chest, as well as cardiac and respiratory support systems that might be part of your treatment plan.
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery, colon and rectal surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery, neurological surgery, ophthalmic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, orthopedic surgery, otolaryngological surgery, pediatric surgery, plastic surgery, urological surgery, and vascular surgery.
Some procedures are performed by more than one type of specialist. Also, some surgeons may choose to specialize in specific procedures within their specialty area. For example, a plastic and maxillofacial surgeon may specialize in performing rhinoplasty procedures.
Dr. John Kucharczuk has the following 18 expertise
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gene Therapy
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Malignant Pleural Effusion)
- Mediastinal Diseases
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Pulmonary Coin Lesion
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
- Tracheal Stenosis
- Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery
Dr. John Kucharczuk is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I (at a very young age) was diagnosed with a lung carcinoid and chose Dr Kucharczuk as my surgeon. This Doc is a very capable surgeon. He explained the problem, my options in the most professional and compassionate way. My family members (who were obviously very distraught) felt like Dr K was a part of the family in the way he communicated compassionately. He was available whenever we wanted him and accessible by email (yes email!). My surgery (a rather complex one) went without a hitch and I came through alive :)Dr K is the man to go to if you have any serious issue with your lung. His team at the Penn Luncg Center are all all-stars!!Thank you Dr K from me and my family.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - Metro Area (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Kucharczuk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of PA Medical Center/Presbyterian
Philadelphia Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Hospital of the University of PA
University of Penn Med Center-Presb Med Group
University Of Pennsylvania Medical Center
Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
21 Years Experience
University of Pennsylvania
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Kucharczuk in this video.
Dr. John Kucharczuk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.