Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. John Barnes
Dr. John Barnes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Angelo, TX, with another office in San Angelo, TX. His specialties include Ophthalmology and Neurology. Dr. Barnes is affiliated with Shannon Medical Center - Memorial Campus, San Angelo Community Medical Center and Angelo Community Hosp. He speaks English.
Dr. John Barnes has the following 2 specialties
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John Barnes has the following 6 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Migraine Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
Dr. John Barnes has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. John Barnes is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
There are no reviews for Dr. John Barnes yet. Be the first to review this doctor!
Dr. Barnes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Shannon Medical Center - Memorial Campus
San Angelo Community Medical Center
Angelo Community Hosp
- Baylor College Of Medicine
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. John Barnes accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Barnes, MD - Ophthalmology in San Angelo, TX, in this video.
Dr. John Barnes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Angelo, TX.