Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John L Holden MD
Dr. John L Holden, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Downers Grove, IL, with another office in Chicago, IL. He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. John L Holden has 2 locations
3825 Highland Ave Ste 203
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Dr. John L Holden has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John L Holden has the following 12 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Holden - Posted on September 28th, 2015
Avoid this doctor office!
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Holden - Posted on August 8th, 2013
Dr. Holden was a OK doctor. But the doctor's office is horrible! The nurses are totally irresponsible. Dr. Holden wrote prescription after my gastroscopy diagnose. I went to my pharmacy two days later, they didn't receive my prescription. I called and a nurse told me it's on the way. I waited for one day and my pharmacy received nothing. I called again. A nurse said she just sent the prescription. I waited two days but the pharmacy still didn't receive anything. Then I asked the pharmacy to call the doctor's office. A week later my pharmacy got the prescription. But at this time my insurance was just expired. I had to wait another week until I got my new insurance ID. So I got my medicine two weeks after my doctor wrote the prescription. This doctor office is totally undependable. Avoid it as you can!
Colon Cancer Screening
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Holden - Posted on February 19th, 2013
Went in for a colon cancer screening. Liked the newer solution treatment for cleansing the bowel. Was easy to drink without the gagging salty solution given in my pass experinces. Liked the doctors interview and follow up discussion with my wife present who happens to be a nurse which helped in asking the right questions. Courteous staff at his office as well with staff at the hospital.
IRC was a RIP OFF
Self-verified patient of Dr. John L Holden - Posted on June 5th, 2010
Said he could treat my Hem'rds w/ IRC. Tried two treatments. It did nothing to help and he didn't even check my Hemoglobin! He should have said he couldn't help as soon as he saw how bad they were but instead wasted my time and money on useless treatments. IRC should only be used for minor cases.
44 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. John L Holden Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John L Holden is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Downers Grove, IL.