Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John L Stone has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John L Stone has the following 12 expertise
- Cushing Disease
- Gland Issues
- Lipid Disorders
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Addison Disease
Dr. John L Stone has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
ON first appearing at this practice it is a pleasant surprise to see a fragrance free sign in lobby for health of patients. Obviously not disclosed to patients prior because they mostly reeked of toxic fragrance. But i give credit to any practice that teaches staff and patients about the health effects of these products and the havoc it can reap on your endocrine system. Unfortunately in the hallways there were toxic air fresheners polluting the indoor air quality with VOCs. All credibility lost. If you see such toxic practices in a healthcare facility, run. They have no regard for those suffering asthma or environmental illnesses.
I'm very pleased with the staff and with Dr. Stone. I was seen for diabetes and thyroid issues. Have been having problems for years and I'm very pleased with his recommendations and his bedside manner. I was misdiagnosed with other physicians and I am glad that I made the decision to try Dr. Stone who had been recommended by a friend. Thank you for all you have done.
Dr. Stone seemed defensive when I asked him questions. I did not feel as though he took my symptoms seriously. On my first visit he told me that he believed my thyroid was fine and the blood test backed that up. Next I had biopsies of my right thyroid gland and the result was surgery. I had thyroiditis and cancer! He still thinks that my thyroid is okay and I am waiting on test results. He keeps telling me that I am just getting older and I must be starting menopause. I'm 47 and I do not feel that this is the case. He has not been very helpful and his bedside manner is not great. I will be changing doctors.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
37 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. John L Stone accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
Locations & DirectionsDothan Medical Associates, 1118 Ross Clark Cir Ste 100, Dothan, AL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John L Stone in this video.
Dr. John L Stone is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dothan, AL.