Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Lawless Jr
Dr. John M Lawless Jr, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Newtown, PA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Lawless is affiliated with Allegheny General Hospital and Aria Health-Torresdale Campus. Dr. Lawless has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Lawless Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 22
My BLOOD PRESSURE was "VERY HIGH" my BAD CHOLESTROL was "OFF THE CHARTS. I am a father of 3 daughters to a sometimes great wife. I inherited these traits from my parents and grandparents. DR. LAWLESS - THANK YOU!!! You have done a GREAT JOB in bring my numbers where they SHOULD BE!! You have put my wife, my children and myself at ease! Even though you are not in my medical plan, it is well worth it to come see you when I need medical care. You have always been right on the mark with your diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Lawless is more interested in preserving his practice than protecting his patients. He has a patient who is an alcoholic, and he regularly prescribes her pain medication (i.e. Vicodin) which she is addicted to. He was a major contributor to destroying her children' lives for quite some time because he was more interested in hiding the truth than doing the right thing. He is a disgrace and should be avoided at all costs.
incorrectly diagnosed my 15 yr old daughter who has now been diagnosed with ADD and was having headaches & cracked her back/neck which made the pain worse and then the next appointment prescribed cymbalta which specifically states not to give to under 18got my records (with a fight) and left would never recommend him
Dr. Lawless is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Dr. John M Lawless Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsThe Village At Newtown Medical Center, 11 Friends Ln Ste 101, Newtown, PA
Dr. John M Lawless Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newtown, PA.