Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John S Lean
Dr. John S Lean, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Laguna Hills, CA, with another office in Newport Beach, CA. She has 47 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. Dr. Lean is affiliated with Mission Hospital Laguna Beach, Saddleback Memorial Medical Center Laguna Hills and Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center. Dr. Lean has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. John S Lean has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
- Lasik Surgery
- Retinal Disorders
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Macular Degeneration
- Vision Issues
- Eye Exam
- Eye Pain
Showing 5 of 6
After being referred to Dr. Lean by my Opthomologist, he made the time to see me immediately. When I got to the office, the staff checked me in quickly and Dr. Lean was examining me within 10 minutes. He performed a thorough examination, explained his findings and their consequences in detail and schedules surgery for me quickly. He explained the procedure to my wife and myself at the Hospital and prepared us for the recovery. The surgery was on time and was completed without complications. Dr. Lean gave my wife a full report of the surgery while I was in recovery and gave her post-op care instructions for me which he repeated to me once I was awake. He thoroughly explained what happened during the surgery and what to expect. Dr. Lean followed up with a phone call the next day (Saturday) to make sure everything was fine (which it was). I have a followup office visit on Monday and expect that to be as professional as everything else so far. I think Dr. Lean and his staff have done an excellent job.
I went to see Dr. Lean after I had another surgeon complete an eye surgery. Dr. Lean is prompt in meeting with patients at their scheduled appointment time and has a very caring manner. Dr. Lean takes the time to explain your condition to you which helps to put a patient at ease. If I had it to do over again, I would have had Dr. Lean perform my surgery rather than the doctor who did perform my surgery. The only reason I did not have Dr. Lean perform my surgery is that I did not know of him at the time.I noticed above that some idiot wrote derogatory remarks about Dr. Lean. I can only think that individual must be confused with another doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lean is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
47 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Dr. John S Lean accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John S Lean in this video.
Dr. John S Lean is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laguna Hills, CA.