Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John S Ledbetter has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. John S Ledbetter has the following 8 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Kidney Stones
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Enlarged Prostate (Prostatic Hyperplasia)
Dr. John S Ledbetter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I had the misfortune of being referred to Dr. Ledbetter and further, to believe his diagnosis, which could have cost me my life. I went to him with severe bleeding when urinating. He performed a cystoscopy, which looks into the bladder with a camera and told me I was fine. He said to go off and have s happy life. As time went by, over two years in fact, the bleeding continued and I realized if it wasn't coming from my bladder, it had to be coming from my kidney. I was referred to Ali Moinzadeh M.D. at Lahey Burlington who discovered a very large mass in my left kidney which turned out to be cancer. After the removal of my kidney, the cancer proceeded to spread to my bladder. Fortunately, Dr. Moinzadeh was able to remove the tumors and I have just completed my first round of BCG, a immunotherapy treatment.
Dr Ledbetter saw me after I had my first kidney stone. He met with me for less than ten minutes talking as quickly as he could, told me to drink more water (which everyone in the emergency room told me repeatedly), and didn't even ask TO SEE my kidney stone. I had to ask the receptionist afterwards if they could have it analyzed for me. Overall, he is by far the worst specialist I've seen. I would highly recommend others see a different urologist because his level of care was beyond useless and a waste of time.
33 Years Experience
Dartmouth Medical School
Graduated in 1985
Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center
Dr. John S Ledbetter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. John S Ledbetter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly, MA.