Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Lenihan Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. John P Lenihan Jr has the following 12 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Breast Exam
- Women's Health
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
Showing 5 of 11
I had surgery in 1991 by Dr Lenihan, he did a good job and he got me in for surgery the next morning. I recovered well. The only reason I wasn't a patient consistently since 1991 was because I moved to another country, then to another state. I now make the commute all the way from Centralia area, to get GOOD CARE. It seemed the further South I moved away from WA the care was not up to standards. I have been miserable since 2010 because I entrusted my care to another woman's care clinic in the area, since 2010. Dr Lenihan ordered tests and he was the only one to figure out why I was bleeding so much and having so much pain. It's important for students to learn from good doctors. If you have an issue with a student being in the room just say you're not comfortable with it and then you don't have the student in there. The staff have been very helpful, and call backs in a timely matter. I'm having my second surgery, by Dr. Lenihan, I know he will make me feel a lot better.
Dr. Lenihan has been my doctor for over 20 years. He's very good and listens. He always up-to-date with what's new in his specialty.
45 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. John P Lenihan Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health First Choice Network
Regence Health Plans
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMulticare Tacoma Womens Specialists, 314 Martin Luther King Jr Way Ste 104, Tacoma, WA
Dr. John P Lenihan Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Tacoma, WA.