Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Limburg Sr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John A Limburg Sr has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John A Limburg Sr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
Dr Limburg is a great doctor and a great person. His staff are about as incompetent as they come. For instance I went ito see him about a cold and I have long term high blood pressure and fast heart rate. The nurse came in to take my vitals and took my blood pressure over a fleece jackets. And miraculously my vitals where 120/80 and he was 80. That hasn't happened in 15 years. And good luck trying to get a message to him forget about getting a response. He just does not get them. My other doctors staff hate dealing with dr li burgs staff because they are just that bad and they don't really seem to care what people think. And the receptionist thinks that her frosted sliding glass window is noise proof. Every time I go in there i can hear her talking about patients using there full name and talking about there drug habits or frequency of visits. Or talks with others people back there about people's health problems with the nurse. That's why I don't tell them what I'm coming in for. I just wait and tell doctor Limburg. She did the same thing when she worked for an oral surgeon. I hate that this happens because he really his a good doctor that I respect a lot, his staff just doesn't care and are completely unprofessional.
I love Dr. Limburg. My husband and I both go to him now for almost 2 years, However if I wasn't a retired nurse and had some education I don't think I could stay with him. His office staff are incompetent, I hate saying that but they are really incompetent. You have to constantly check up and recheck everything they are supposed to be doing. A shame. I foresee us having to leave the doctor we both really like because he can't have staff that are competent.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
16 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. John A Limburg Sr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSaint Simons Family Medicine Center, 7130 Wellness Way, Saint Simons Island, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John A Limburg Sr in this video.
Dr. John A Limburg Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Simons Island, GA.