Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John W Lister has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Hepatitis C
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Blood Cancer
- Hodgkin Disease
Showing 5 of 5
Very disappointing. I went to him because my doctor thought he was good. His staff is not very on-the-ball, and he doesn't care how much they've messed up. He never followed up. I finally decided that this esteemed doctor was not worth the exhaustion and hassle. He didn't seem especially eager to render help. I guess if you die waiting for him to do something to help you, that is ok.
I have been seeing Dr. Lister forever and he is amazing. The time you wait in the waiting room is on the long side sometimes. BUT... When you need more time he gives it to you. If you are in the hospital and need him he goes to you. So, to me, it is worth waiting because I have been the one who needed the extra
Dr. John W Lister accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Highmark KeystoneBlue
- Highmark PPOBlue
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBone Marrow Transplant Oncology Hematology, 4815 Liberty Ave # 2303, Pittsburgh, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John W Lister in this video.
Dr. John W Lister is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pittsburgh, PA.