Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Lowder Jr
Dr. John Lowder Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winchester, VA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Lowder is affiliated with Winchester Medical Center, Winchester Women's Specialists and Surgi-Center Of Winchester. Dr. Lowder has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John Lowder Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. John Lowder Jr has the following 6 expertise
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Hot Flashes
- Hysterectomy (Vaginal)
Dr. John Lowder Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Lowder Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
I have been seeing Dr. Lowder for a long time.He has always been courteous and caring every time i have had an appointment.I have found him to be very down to earth and always ready to answer any questions i may have without making me feel like i was being rushed out of the office. it is sometimes a wait since the office is usually busy,but theres not much you can do about that,and it is usually not a recurring thing.In all honesty some of the staff are very friendly,and some are not, but that is anywhere you go.He is very nice and considerate,and although i have had no major problems with my health,I feel if I did,I would be comfortable with him taking care of me.I would recommend him highly.
on more than one occasion waited more then one hour. Questions were not answered or addressed. No bed side manner, nursing staff was not friendly at all. they never introduced themselves or their titles. There is so much more to complain about. I had such an awful experience so far, hopefully the delivery goes well. I am in my last trimester so I am stuck with this practice
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Lowder is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Winchester Medical Center
Winchester Women's Specialists
Surgi-Center Of Winchester
Morgan Cty War Memorial
Valley Health Care Center
32 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1981
University Tn Grad School Of Medicine
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsJohn H Lowder Jr MD, 194 Glendobbin Ln, Winchester, VA
Dr. John Lowder Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winchester, VA.