Get the facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Lozito has the following 1 specialty
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. John Lozito has the following 7 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Essential Tremor
- Migraine Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson Disease
Dr. John Lozito is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
I see from reading the other posts that nothing has changed with Dr. Lozito. I first saw him in 1995 with complete numbness in my face. After an MRI of my brain, I was told there was one lesion on it. That it might have been there forever or it might be the beginning of multiple sclerosis. I would have to wait until something else happened. The following year, the numbness returned on my left side from the neck down. I no longer had health insurance so I paid CASH for an MRI. While awaiting the results, I too had to fill out the personality test. At my followup visit, he told me there was nothing on the MRI and that he thought I was making it up for attention. I left dumbfounded. Then he had the nerve to bill me for the appointment. Numerous phone calls and letters to the office were dismissed. I never paid that bill.I was so disillusioned that I did not seek medical care for my symptoms for another 6 years. My GP diagnosed my MS with an MRI of my neck. I could have been on medication to slow the progress of my illness if Dr. Lozito had only done his job and not been so arrogant - trying to be a psychiatrist instead of a neurologist. Stay FAR, FAR away from this Doctor!!
I actually had a couple of conditions that could be seen with testing. I too was given the personality test, which apparently revealed that I had a tendency to worry about my health problems. Go figure, having pain and all leads to worrying. I felt belittled and talked down to. I was referred back to my family doctor to treat my neuro problem and I was told that my problem "isn't that bad." The problem had already greatly impacted my quality of life. It was a bad experience and it is sad that someone with so many years of experience would choose to treat patients in this way. The staff are very nice and expressed real concern.
Dr. Lozito is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Holmes Regional Medical Center
Melbourne Florida 32901
1350 S. Hickory Street
44 Years Experience
University of Miami
Graduated in 1969
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions1333 Pine St, Melbourne, FL
Dr. John Lozito is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.