Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional information.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Blair Jr
Dr. John Blair Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lakewood, WA, with another office in Tacoma, WA. He has 24 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine. Dr. Blair is affiliated with Allenmore Hospital, St Anthony Hospital and St Joseph Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Blair Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine
If you have a back injury or unexplained back pain, your doctor might refer you first to a radiologist and then to an orthopedic spinal surgeon. They specialize in the spine and can diagnose and treat spinal diseases such as scoliosis. They can also treat spinal injuries such as a displaced disc or a fracture, as well as disc degeneration and narrowing that occurs due to aging.
However, when your injury or condition affects the spinal canal or spinal cord, it’s typically better to consult with a neurosurgeon. It's worth noting that, while they're both referred to as surgeons, they can also recommend treatments that don't require an operation, such as non-surgical decompression therapy.
Dr. John Blair Jr has the following 4 expertise
- Back Injuries
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Spinal Stenosis
Dr. John Blair Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Blair Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
i was treated rather shabbily by one member of the staff on the phone. they are so busy that the phone appointment wait time was terrible. after waiting online about a half an hour and not being able to book appointment times that i wanted was told that perhaps i should go somewhere else. was not able to get an appointment for five weeks in the future. the staff never consulted with my oncologist concerning meds schedule.
I had been to see two other surgeons before seeing dr Blair . He recommended a minimally invasive operation when the other docs recommended a fusion. See him before you have an operation you may not need!
Dr. Blair is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Anthony Hospital
St Joseph Medical Center
Saint Clare Hospital
Tacoma General Hospital
Multicare Good Samaritan Hospital
St Francis Community Hospital
24 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1989
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John Blair Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lakewood, WA.