Dr. John M Cantrell Is this you?

15 Ratings • 1 Comment

Have you seen Dr. John M Cantrell?

Condescending

Encountered Dr. Cantrell at St. Vincent's Hospital. My dad is on hospice and was allowed to fall in the nursing home. He was taken to St. Vincent's to determine the extent of his injuries. Dr. Cantrell put in our discharge notes that he did not feel we understood the role of hospice in our dad's care. That he hoped we could be educated while my dad was there. I very well understand the role of hospice as I lost my mother to cancer 20 years ago. Hospice is to care for end-stage patients to keep them comfortable until they pass away. The intent is to not bring them back and forth to the hospital. I do not believe any doctor is a miracle worker. My dad was sent to the ER by the nursing home to negate their responsibility in any injuries he may have suffered in the fall they allowed to occur. I feel Dr. Cantrell is way out of line to put these comments in his discharge notes. Perhaps the good doctor would be more comfortable if someone let the air out of his ego.