Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M Gillis III
Dr. John M Gillis III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Anchorage, AK. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Gillis is affiliated with Alaska Psychiatric Institute, Alaska Regional Hospital and Providence Alaska Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John M Gillis III has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 8
Dr. Gillis is personable, while remaining professional. He does a great job explaining medical situations in laymen terms without talking down to patients. He spends as much time talking to patients as required, I have never felt rushed. His nurse, Ashley, is also very nice and professional. He does not needlessly prescribe antibiotics for non-bacterial illnesses (my microbiome appreciates it). I have recommended him to a few people, that have all liked him. LGBT Friendly/Knowledgeable.
Dr. Gillis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
St Marys Hospital Medical Center
Dr. John M Gillis III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedical Park Family Care, 2211 E Northern Lights Blvd Ste 101, Anchorage, AK
Dr. John M Gillis III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.