Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John M James Jr
Dr. John M James Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Melbourne, FL. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Radiology and Anesthesiology. Dr. James is affiliated with Orlando Regional Medical Center, La Amistad Behavioral Health Services and Florida Hospital Waterman. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. John M James Jr has the following 2 specialties
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.<br>The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. John M James Jr has the following 1 expertise
Dr. John M James Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. James is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Please contact the office for more information.
More about Dr. John M James Jr
Dr. James joined us in 2011 after working for 25 years with JLR Medical Group in Orlando. A board certified anesthesiologist since 1988, Dr. James attended medical school and completed his residency at the University of Florida in Gainesville. He did his undergraduate degree at Stetson University. A member of the American Society of Anesthesiologists and the Florida Society of Anesthesiologists, Dr. James is an avid guitarist and musician who hopes to rediscover surfing after moving to the coast.
Locations & DirectionsBREVARD PHYSICANS ASSOCIATES, 520 E Strawbridge Ave, Melbourne, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M James Jr, MD - Anesthesiology in Melbourne, FL, in this video.
Dr. John M James Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Melbourne, FL.