Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Nelson Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
A pediatric surgeon is a qualified surgeon who has additional training in performing surgery on young patients, including fetuses (neonatal or fetal surgery), infants, children, adolescents and teenagers.
Because pediatric patients are still growing and developing, they are often more difficult to operate on than adults. These patients have smaller bodies and smaller organs requiring even more of a precise and measured approach by a surgeon.
Some of the conditions that may require the care of a pediatric surgeon are congenital malformations, such as cleft lip and palate, abdominal wall defects, like hernias, deformities of the chest wall, childhood tumors, like neuroblastomas and separation of conjoined twins.
Dr. John M Nelson Jr has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Surgery (Joint Prosthesis Implantation Arthroplasty)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Surgery
Dr. John M Nelson Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John M Nelson Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
If you are using workman's comp, don't go to this guy. I got hurt at work, and went to this guy after a friend told me he was a good doctor. The office staff was extremely rude. I did not know that i had to go under workman's comp, and proceeded to hand in my regular insurance. They told me to leave, unless i could provide the workman's comp info. Since i had a broken foot, it was difficult to walk, so i called work and got the info. After waiting a while, the doctor saw me and was very condescending. He treated me like some kind of moron, while being extremely nice to my 18 year old daughter. He dismissed my shoulder injury as nothing, even though i could not move my arm. On my second visit, he x-rayed my shoulder, told me nothing was wrong, and said he would give me an anti-inflamatory for it. The anti-inflamatory was codeine. i asked him for a handicap pass for work, but he refused until I explained that I had to go down 3 flights of steps on crutches to get into work. I switched doctors after that.. and ended up with shoulder surgery as my tendons were torn, some were shredded and had to have my bone shaved. I wouldn't take my dog to him or even a pet fish.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
39 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1979
Dr. John M Nelson Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRobert L Cristofaro Md And John M Nelson Md Pc, 3010 Westchester Ave Ste 104, Purchase, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Nelson Jr in this video.
Dr. John M Nelson Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Purchase, NY.