Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Santaniello has the following 2 specialties
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. John M Santaniello has the following 8 expertise
- Wounds and Injuries
- Nonpenetrating Wounds
- Colon Cancer
- Abdominal Injuries
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Multiple Trauma
Dr. John M Santaniello has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
I was seeing Dr Santaniello for a 2nd opion. I am a cancer survivor & found a painful lump in my armpit. The 1st surgeon told me to wait a while. It had already been 4 mths & the lump was getting bigger & causing my fingers to go numb & a funnybone type of nerve pain in my arm. I was concerned since my previous cancer diagnosis involved my lymph nodes. Dr Santaniello saw my concern & was willing to find out if the lump was cancerous or not. He did advise me that removing the lump wouldn't guarantee that the numbness or pain would go away. I liked his beside manor & that he understood my concern. I would definitely go to him again. He also called me to give me the pathology report, which was benign. Happy camper.
Very honest and forthright - did not "sugar coat" the outcome possibilities compared to 2nd opinions I had received - he seemed more concerned about my quality of life afterwards than moving forward to schedule the surgery - have had several office visits -- pre-surgery and after -- appts have been punctual -- his resident doctor Dr Hurtuk assisted and both have an excellent bedside manner.
Dr. Santaniello is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. John M Santaniello accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsLoyola University Medical Center, 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Santaniello in this video.
Dr. John M Santaniello is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Maywood, IL.