Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Stevens
Dr. John Stevens, MD is a Doctor primarily located in East Orange, NJ. He has 34 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and General Practice. Dr. Stevens is affiliated with East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System and Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System. He speaks English.
Dr. John Stevens has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Stevens is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
East Orange Campus of the VA New Jersey Health Care System
Veterans Affairs New Jersey Health Care System
34 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey
Graduated in 1980
Dr. John Stevens accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVA NEW JERSEY HEALTH CARE SYSTEMS, 385 Tremont Ave, East Orange, NJ
Dr. John Stevens is similar to the following 3 Doctors near East Orange, NJ.