Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John MacPhail
Dr. John MacPhail, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marion, NC, with other offices in Greensburg, PA and Somerset, PA . He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. MacPhail is affiliated with Frick Hospital, Westmoreland Regional Hospital and McDowell Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. John MacPhail has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
Dr. John MacPhail has the following 5 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. John MacPhail has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John MacPhail is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
I fractured my left arm when I was about 9 years old (I'm now 17) My parents took me to his practice to get my arm fixed. He said I would need a closed reduction surgery on my arm and did the job and everything healed ok and I got my cast off. About 3 week after having my cast off I was running in PE and got tripped and fell and broke the same arm again. We went back to him again and he said I'd need a closed reduction surgery again, except this time he made my arm worse after surgery. The bone was offset and I now needed to go to children's hospital and get pins and plates and all of that to fix his mistake. I still remember all of that to today because it was a horrible and scarring experience. I hope his medical license has been revoked by now.
He totally screwed up a hip fracture surgery by breaking the leg, letting the patient bleed out during surgery which caused a heart attack. Do not let this doctor do surgery on you or any of your family .
Dr. MacPhail is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Westmoreland Regional Hospital
Frick Hospital and Community Health Center
Westmoreland Regional Hospital Excela Health
Mt Pleasant, PA
Jeannette Mercy Hospital
Frick Hospital Excela Health
41 Years Experience
University of Virginia
Graduated in 1972
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. John MacPhail is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marion, NC.