Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John A Magaldi has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John A Magaldi has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 5 of 20
My respect for Dr. Magaldi is enormous. He identified and treated me for a condition about which little was known at the time. He diagnosed my fibromyalgia and treated its symptoms with wisdom and kindness. Since then, I have lived in two other states and have still not found a physician that compares to him.
A family member was struck down with an unknown problem and other doctors could not tell what his problem was. A visit to Dr Magaldi was a big help because he was able to tell us that the patient had a tick-borne disease which others could not diagnose. So the person who says this doctor is not onto LYME disease is only kidding themselves.
This doctor was unable to get into a US medical school and was forced to attend med school outside the US. He is very phony and was unable to solve any of my problems. In fact, through incorrect diagnosis and performing procedures without the proper use of x-ray, he made my problem worse. He intentionally codes things incorrectly in order to overbill insurance companies. However, if you are looking for prescription medicine, go visit Dr. Magaldi. He is careless and irresponsible and over-prescribes addicting meds.
Dr. Magaldi is a nice man, who unfortunately, like many docs, is a "Lyme Disease denialist". I saw him for a few years, I was having severe arthritic pain and other weird symptoms. He tested me for Lyme, it was negative. I questioned him about the possibility of false negative test, and he assured my I did not have Lyme Disease. Fast forward 15 years, my symptoms worsened, now had cardiac and neuro symptoms. Developed a rash which was misdiagnosed ny our walk-in clinic as ringworm. They were wrong; it was the secondary rash of chronic Lyme.I finally went to an ILADS Lyme specialist and after two years of aggressive treatment, I'm finally turning a corner for the better. I did finally test positive for Lym,e on a test by a Lyme specialty lab.I have permanent damage to my spine and joints and nerves of my legs because of Lyme Disease allowed to run rampant.Do NOT see this doc if you think there is ANY possibility you have Lyme Disease.Lyme Disease is a PUBLIC HEALTH DISASTER and this doc doesn't get it.
- Yale University School Of Medicine
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. John A Magaldi accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsArthritis And Allergy Associates, 538 Litchfield St Ste 101, Torrington, CT
Dr. John A Magaldi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Torrington, CT.