- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John H Makari MD
Dr. John H Makari, MD is a doctor primarily located in Avon, CT, with other offices in Omaha, NE and Avon, CT( and 2 other locations). He has 19 years of experience. His specialties include Urology.
Dr. John H Makari has 4 locations
Dr. John H Makari has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. John H Makari has the following 7 expertise
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Prostate Cancer
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2013, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors (1)
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
19 Years Experience
Graduated in 2000
Dr. John H Makari Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
More about Dr. John H Makari
Dr. Makari is an Assistant Professor of Urology at the University of Connecticut School of Medicine. He completed his residency at The George Washington University, with training in Pediatric Urology at Childrens National Medical Center. He subsequently completed his fellowship in Pediatric Urology at Vanderbilt University, during which he was awarded the Society for Pediatric Urology Research Grant. In addition to general Pediatric Urology, he has particular interest in lower urinary tract reconstruction. He has authored articles and textbook chapters covering a variety of topics in Pediatric Urology. He is a member of the American Urological Association, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the Society for Pediatric Urology. He is involved in clinical research aimed at improving the care of children with Pediatric Urologic diseases.