Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John M Manubay has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. John M Manubay has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. John M Manubay is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Manubay is an ok Doctor. But what is forcing me to find another PCP is the office staff. I had a horrible UTI where I had blood in my urine. Burning, pressure, the whole nine yards. I called the office at 9am for a Rx. I called back at 10am to see if it had been called in yet. (If you/ve ever had a UTI, you know there are unbareable). The lady who picked up the second time was very rude to me. Saying that the doctor was busy and would get to my message later. I tried to plead with her to please please make an exception because I was in terrible discomfort. She continued to cut me off and tell me they were having an emergency and could help me right now. I hung up and went to Patient First and was in and out with Antibiotics in 45 mins. At 2:45, Dr Manubay's staff had still not called in my Rx. I called the pharmacy just to see if it had been called in. Ever since Dr. Pasados left the practice, the management level has gone down hill.
I visited this location to review a quote that came back in favor of the doctors office. The front desk lady never lifted her head to greet or welcome our group. She went as far as to continue to make calls and check out a patient and never even acknowledged we were there. I visit offices everyday and have never been treated so poorly! I could only imagine how this front desk attendant is to other vendors. She never even asked is what we wanted or who we were there to see. Then she finished with a patient and walked away never once been saying good morning. I can tell you that I live locally and will never recommend this doctors office. This employee needs extra training about front desk etiquette. Business owners work hard enough to keep business and this experience I'm sure is not an isolated incident. The sad part is we were only dropping off a quote that would've saved the office money and now we don't want to partner with a business that exercises this type of attitude.
Dr. Manubay is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Josephs Hospital
Dr. John M Manubay accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC Keystone Health Plan Central HMO
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
Geisinger Health Plan
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsJohn M Manubay Md, 4400 Penn Ave, Reading, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John M Manubay in this video.
Dr. John M Manubay is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Reading, PA.