Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John B Martinie has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. John B Martinie has the following 13 expertise
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Clinical Research
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Liver Diseases
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Gallbladder Surgery
- Liver Cancer
Dr. John B Martinie has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
I made an appointment less than a week ago for a 3pm appointment. I was taken back on schedule. I was initially evaluated by a nurse while Dr. Martinie reviewed the records I brought with me. He called my referring physician with a question while I was there. I fully expected that he would want to operate, but instead offered me alternatives. Dr, Martinie was very kind, fully answered my questions and even explained what I was seeing on the cat scans he reviewed. I would recommend any friend to see this doctor.
Why would this surgeon do a liver resection on a patient that has liver cancer under these conditions:1. Patient is 83 years old.2. Patient had lung cancer 4 years ago.3. Patient had pneunomia 3 months ago.4. Patient had a heart attack 20 years ago and has stents.5. Patient was diagnosed with liver cancer 1 year ago and told to get hospice care(which is what he should have done)Now this patient has been lying in the ICU for 8 days - had a post op heart attack and seems to be semicomatose. On a ventilator with a tracheal tube and looking very ill.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
23 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Rhode Island Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsCarolinas Medical Center, 1000 Blythe Blvd, Charlotte, NC
Dr. John B Martinie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Charlotte, NC.