Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John H Mcanulty Jr has the following 3 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John H Mcanulty Jr has the following 22 expertise
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Heart Block
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia
- Heart Failure
- Ventricular Fibrillation
- Heart Valve Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Supraventricular Tachycardia
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Coronary Disease
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. John H Mcanulty Jr is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Great doctor. He generally runs about 2 hours behind schedule. That's because he spends the time needed for each patient. You will get that good care when it is your turn. For heart problems or just questions he is your guy 100%.
Dr. McAnulty has taken care of me and my heart for 30 years. He is the most caring physician I have ever had the privilege to know. He takes all the time you need, and is not just a very smart guy, but a kind and gentle one as well. I don't know if you could get in to see him, but if you could, you should. It is worth any wait that is required to see him.
There is no question Dr. McAnulty is an extremely talented specialist. Before I first met him I heard a few very nice comments about him, as to professionalism and friendliness. After I met him, and follow up times, I found him to be every bit and more the nicest Doctor I have ever worked with. In addition to his great work in assessing my problem, thinking through the possible remedies, then carrying through with them in the order in which he did was the perfect solution for me. Everything I have heard from people who know Dr.McAnulty, other patients, Doctors, staff a the hospital, all regard him as a great and talented man and a pleasure to work with in all respects.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
49 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. John H Mcanulty Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
Locations & DirectionsLegacy Good Samaritan Medical Center, 1015 NW 22nd Ave, Portland, OR
Dr. John H Mcanulty Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.