Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John F Mcatee Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 14
I have been a patient of Dr. McAtee's for 10 years and I like him very much. He's a good listener. He never rushes you. He explains what's going on with you but not in an alarming way. He has a very soft-spoken approach. He tells you when it's time for tests but not in a pushy way. He lets you know a test is a standard diagnostic tool but probably nothing to worry about. For a hypochondriac like me this is a blessing. I clearly trust his advice and care. Plus I like his staff very much. They've been with him for a long time and they handle contacts with me well.
DR. JOHN MCATEE would never return my phone calls even when I repeatedly called & asked. He made a mistake & faxed in meds to my mail order pharm with the wrong dose (twice the strength)so I could not use them & then proceeded to avoid my calls. He had his nurse call me twice & say he couldn't call me back for 4 days because he had to pick his son up & I should take the 60mg every other day instead of 30mg daily as the drug was prescribed. I have been taking 30mg for 1 yr.& doing fine & didn't need a higher dose. I couldn't break the meds in half because they were caps not tabs. I was out $50 because mail order pharms won't take them back. I went to his office & waited to talk to him face to face since he wasn't retuning my calls. I was getting low on my meds. I asked him for $50 to correct his error & be fair. I have no use for this med. It's too strong. He never apologized or gave me $50 for his mistake. He just said I don't owe you anything & turned around & walked away. After he went in the back his nurse came up to me & game me 2 mos. of samples of the meds I'm on and said that's all they had. She looked like she felt sorry for me and said she'd call me when they got more samples in. What kind of doctor treats patients like this? McAtee never said he was sorry or offered me any samples. He acted like he could care less about my welfare. I'm very shocked. I have never been treated so poorly by a doctor or never have filled out any survey before. Everyone please don't go to Dr. John McAtee (St Lukes) unless you prefer an unprofessional and uncaring doctor. I have always paid all of my copays to him but he was not willing to work something fair out with me. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2014, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2010, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Lutheran Medical Center
Dr. John F Mcatee Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- HealthLink PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsJ Alex Marchosky Md, 226 S Woods Mill Rd Ste 54W, Chesterfield, MO
Dr. John F Mcatee Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chesterfield, MO.