Dr. John A Mcfadden Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. John A Mcfadden Jr?

Brilliant surgeon

I had severe carpal tunnel disease -- in LOTS of pain. He diagnosed my problem quickly, and worked around my schedule so that I would miss the minimum time at work. His work was outstanding: there is actually no evidence that I ever had surgery on my wrist! I did have an unusual neurologic complication, which he immediately diagnosed; he referred my promptly for OT, and within weeks the problem was resolved. I cannot speak highly enough about this outstanding hand surgeon. I feel so fortunate that I was referred to him.

I had a problem and they worked me in right away I was very thankful as I was in pain.

Dr McFadden preformed my surgery and I know I was very lucky to have found somone with such e perince level and for that am grateful. Thank you dr

ugh

I was supposed to see this guy, but i can't get past the front desk. I missed my appointment because they gave me the wrong address the same day as my appointment.. they seemed to think this was no big deal and should just go drive to where my doctor is.. they were rude and overworked.. and absolutely not nice or helpful.. I will go somewhere else.

This guy is the closet thing to God I have ever found. Skills beyond belief. Very nice personality. Great bedside manner. Highly recommended. Did what others could not.

Second Opinion Nightmare

I was sent to Dr. John McFadden for a second opinion requested by the worker's compensation carrier that is taking care of my treatment. The insurance carrier made the appointment for 3:00 p.m. I was tolf to arrive 15-30 minutes early. I arrived at 2:36, keep in mind I drove 40 miles with one hand in a long arm cast (dominant hand). I was immediately taken back into a room. One hour went by, and I began to hear Dr. McFadden complaining that my appointment should have been scheduled for the last of the day, no one came in to explain this to me, to let me know or even to make sure I was okay. An hour went by, an hour and a half went by, at 4:15, a nurse came in and said, "You should have been the last appointment of the day, it will be a little longer, okay?" Then, 45 minutes went by, then the doctor finally came in. During my wait, I heard the head nurse explain to the nurses that they need to be very careful about taking out stitches as patients have been going to pt with stitches that haven't been fully removed, the pt office has been having to dig out the remaining nylon material from their incisions. When Dr. McFadden came in , he was unaware of the facts of my case, he hadn't reviewed the records that were sent over and they were incomplete, he began to complain that the records were incomplete, and refused to listen to me explain the treatment and previous surgeries to the injury. He was very condescending and rude, he questioned my medical history and belittled my previous medical treatment. After barking at his assistant to upload my x-rays, he came back in and again, was extremelly rude, all to say he would need full records to continue to an informed decision and he would need to speak with my current surgeon to help him, "straighten things out because he just couldn't understand it". This has been the worst surgeon I have ever met. I left the appointment in West Ashley at 5:20 p.m. in terrible traffic, driving with one hand 40 more miles, and with a terrible taste in my mouth. His bedside manner was to belittle and interrupt, refusal to listen, and to hope the patient is a moron, which unfortunately for him, I am not.This was the worst surgeon I have ever met, I wasted 3 hours of my life for nothing. He should have reviewed the records before the appointment, it should have been scheduled appropriately and he should have composed himself before walking in to meet a patient who knows all about what has happened to them, and probably is having a worse day than him! He missed an opportunity to understand the case, and due to his mistakes, he will waste a lot of his time with requesting more information and more appointments, what a professional.