Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John R Mcghee
Dr. John R Mcghee, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Ocala, FL. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mcghee is affiliated with Ocala Regional Medical Center. Dr. Mcghee has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John R Mcghee has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John R Mcghee has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- Heart Block
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Attack
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Blood Clot
Dr. John R Mcghee has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 13
I was so impressed with my first appointment with the doctor. How wonderful to have a doctor who will spend time with you and go over everything you submitted on the medical forms. He was pleasant and knowledgeable and took the time to make sure I understood He did not spend 5 minutes with me and then run out the door as is common with doctors in this area. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
I have some serious health problem that can mask cardiac symptoms. My hepatologist wanted a cardiac workup. On my first visit, Dr. McGhee did a thorough exam and history. I had a stress test and echo done. During my follow-up visit, my reusults were explained to me and instructions given. I never felt rushed on subsequent visits. Dr. McGhee is a caring doctor and wants the best for his patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2012, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mcghee is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Dr. John R Mcghee accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Locations & DirectionsCentral Florida Heart Center, 2101 SW 20th Pl, Ocala, FL
Dr. John R Mcghee is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ocala, FL.