Dr. John Meisel Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. John Meisel?

Thorough, communicative, deliberate, compassionate & smart.

Posted on March 31st, 2017

These folks don't care about the patient.

Posted on September 11th, 2015

My family has been going to this practice for several years and I've seen the quality of care decline. As of today our family will be leaving this practice and finding a new primary care physician. On my last visit about a month ago, the nurse disclosed the results of a recent medical test before the doctor came into the exam room. The test was ordered by my OBGYN but dr. Meisel has always asked for copies of reports. Since I was hearing for the first time about a diagnosis from his nurse, I asked dr. Meisel if he could help me understand and explain the condition. He refused to talk to me about it and told me to contact the doctor who ordered the test. I was not happy since it was his nurse who disclosed the diagnosis and since he is always requiring me to send him copies of all my reports. Although I was upset, I hadn't made a final decision about leaving the practice. After today, the decision is made. My son had a visit at 4:30 for which he was 15 minutes late. When he went to the door it was locked even though the office hours are until 5:00. He knew the policy about appointments being canceled if a patient us more than 10 minutes late but he had hoped to be able to reschedule his appointment. He needed a prescription filled at this visit. He saw cars still in the parking lot so he called the office number. He called it for 20 minutes and it was always busy. At 5:05 it switched over to the answering service. He knocked a few more times and finally at 5:15 a nurse came out and went to her car. He asked her why the door was locked why the phone was continuously busy and she said that because he wasn't there at 4:40 they closed early. He said he would have liked to have rescheduled, knowing he was late, and that he felt like the phone was off the hook deliberately. She told him he was rude for being late and that he better get off the property or she would call the police and have him arrested for trespassing. This is uncalled for behavior. The office is run more like a business. The patient does not seem to matter anymore.

mrs.

Posted on November 19th, 2013

Very caring. Never any wait. All in office are friendly and helpful.

Posted on August 25th, 2011

The most caring practice I've ever been to.

Posted on October 10th, 2017