Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John F Mendes has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Spinal Disorders
- Bone Fracture
- Spinal Injuries
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Hip Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Never even got to see him after waiting one hour and a half -- office was cold -- doctor was cold -- They had an emergency but never told me the office staff was so poor always complaining about the horrible people meanwhile they were they were the horrible ones... just tell a person about the emergency and maybe the wait is not so bad!
Had my 2nd appointment scheduled for 4:15 PM. Arrived to office at 4:10 PM. As of 5:35 PM, I still had not seen the doctor. Asked for my MRI and left the office...not even an apology from anyone for the long wait time. My first office visit I waited an hour to be seen. Time to find a doctor that does not greedily overbook patients and shows more genuine concern. Would NEVER return.
Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
42 Years Experience
Weill Cornell Medical College
Graduated in 1976
Dr. John F Mendes accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John F Mendes in this video.
Dr. John F Mendes is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Montclair, NJ.