Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John J Mentel
Dr. John J Mentel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL, with another office in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Mentel is affiliated with Florida Hospital North Pinellas, Healthsouth Sunrise Rehabilitation Hospital and Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Mentel has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Mentel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John J Mentel has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John J Mentel has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John J Mentel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
John Mentel is one of the finest doctors I have dealt with in my 60 years. While dealing with the larger bureaucracy of Mayo Clinic may cause some patients to offer lower ratings for wait times, courteousness of staff, time spent with patients and follow-up -- I can say that I have not experienced any of that with Dr. Mentel as his patient over the last six or seven years. He and his staff are first-rate. Having been a victim of "government health care" for almost a quarter century... I can only say, be thankful that you have a dedicated, serious physician like John Mentel taking care of you. Highly recommend.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Mentel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Mayo Clinic And Medical School
Dr. John J Mentel accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John J Mentel in this video.
Dr. John J Mentel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.