More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Youth Sports Injuries Facts about youth sports injuries, including the causes and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. John K Merson has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
A sports medicine specialist is a physician who is trained to diagnose and treat injuries and conditions caused by participation in athletic activities.
These doctors are generally employed by professional sports teams to care for the athletes who are injured. They have extensive knowledge of the types of injuries that athletes are most susceptible to, such as stress fractures, sprains, concussions, muscle cramps, ACL injuries, and shin splints.
It is the responsibility of sports medicine specialist to clear athletes to return to the playing field when they are deemed fit. These doctors also advise athletes on how to avoid injury through proper care of their bodies while training.
Dr. John K Merson has the following 16 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Bone Fracture
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
Dr. John K Merson has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. John K Merson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 5
Dr. Mercer was completely thorough before my knee replacement surgery, giving all the information needed for me to understand the procedure. After the surgery I felt no immediate pain and was able to rehab in a timely manner. It has been three years since I had the surgery and my knee feels great and allows me to do most of the things I did before the surgery, and best of all it's pain free. I will eventually have my other knee replaced and hope Dr. Merson is available for that surgery also.
Dr. Merson could not have been more professional. From my very first visit he was thourough. He took a complete history and ordered an MRI. After reviewing my MRI he completely explained what the surgery protocol, what I was going experience and the time frame to expect. I was sent home with a portfolio with comprehsive info for before and after the surgery. His staff follows up and they are always available to answer questions. (Deanna and Allison in particular are wonderful.)Now this is not my first experience with ortho-surgeons. I left my previos ortho-surgeon because they more than once let things fall trough the cracks. I should have had my surgery a full year ago. One visit to Dr. Merson and within two months I am finished. It would have sooner but we ran into the Holidays.I now have my left knee to do and I wouldn't want anyone but Dr. Merson to doit.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
34 Years Experience
University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. John K Merson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEast Bay Sports Medicine, 1800 Sutter St Ste 100, Concord, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John K Merson, MD - Orthopaedic Surgery in Concord, CA, in this video.
Dr. John K Merson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Concord, CA.