Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John J Migas
Dr. John J Migas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Normal, IL. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Hematology & Oncology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Migas is affiliated with Advocate BroMenn Medical Center. Dr. Migas has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. John J Migas has the following 2 specialties
- Hematology & Oncology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John J Migas has the following 9 expertise
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Showing 5 of 24
I went to dr Migas after a terrible experience with a previous oncologist. He put me at ease and explained things so well; gave me information that my previous dr had not given me...a completely different look at my treatment plan; even offered a different dosage of med, to which I had asked my previous dr and had been told that was not an option. Dr. Migas went above and beyond; he had not received my records and was still willing to talk with me. Wish I would have switched doctors long ago!
Great oncologist. This physician was caring, compassionate and communicated with us in a way that put us both at ease though the situation was not an easy one. He and the staff were quick to respond. We received excellent care. He gave us hope and direction and supported us through a most difficult time.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Migas is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Rush Medical College Of Rush University Medical Center
Graduated in 1992
University Of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics
Dr. John J Migas accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMid Illinois Hematology And Oncology Associates, 407 E Vernon Ave Ste 2, Normal, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John J Migas in this video.
Dr. John J Migas is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Normal, IL.