Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John P Muffoletto has the following 1 specialty
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
I was referred to this doctor by my PCP to have my gallbladder removed. I had been having trouble with it for almost 7 years. Dr. Muffoletto is very knowledgeable and was quite thorough in reviewing all of the documentation provided before surgery. During visits he was very professional in manner and I expect some people could think that he might not really care but I did not feel that way. He answered all questions I asked and didn't seem bothered by any of them. The only thing I wished he would have done would have been to sit down when talking to me instead of standing up. I suppose I could have asked him to but I did not. His office manager was VERY kind to me when talking the many times we did before surgery and extremely helpful in helping me deal with my insurance company. I could tell she had been working in this kind of capacity in Anchorage for many, many years. Thank You Sharon! I had an excellent surgery experience and no post-surgical complications.
The problem was that the hernia repair was a mess. My husband had bleeding internally that almost caused him to get a blood transfusion. Because of this issue he then was in emergency on a trip for 5 days due to a bowel blockage. His hernia was never repaired or the mesh faulted. We had to fly to AZ to see a specialist in hernia repair to fix it. He ended up having to remove the old mesh and a foot of his small intestine. He was again in the hospital for 5 days and now has 37 staples vertically because he had to be opened up. The Dr here said either the mesh gave way or most likely the wrong mesh was installed. His intestine had grown on to the mesh and was causing life threatening situations. If you need a hernia repair, go out of state.
Dr. Muffoletto is a very gifted surgeon. He has an office staff and a surgical staff that have worked together for years...this is a team that has honed it's skills to provide the best surgical experience and best possible outcome. Several friends and other doctors referred me to Dr. Muffoletto and I am forever grateful to them. I have had four other surgical experiences.....this is by far the best!
27 Years Experience
The School Of Medicine At Stony Brook University Medical Center
Graduated in 1991
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine
Dr. John P Muffoletto accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera LifeWise Connect
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn P Muffoletto Md Pc, 2751 Debarr Rd Ste 290, Anchorage, AK
Dr. John P Muffoletto is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Anchorage, AK.