Dr. John Mullen Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. John Mullen?

Excellent Prostate Cancer Care

Posted on October 16th, 2016

Dr. Mullen was outstanding in treating my Prostate Cancer. I elected to have surgery, and have been cancer free for over 13 years.

Terrible

Posted on September 13th, 2015

Lacks manners. I would not go or recommend him.

You can do better

Posted on October 24th, 2013

I was unpleasantly impressed by how hard he pushes for surgery/other procedures, when not necessary. Also, he failed to warn me about the significant side effects of a medicine he prescribed. Would definitely not see him again, nor would I recommend him.

GO ELSEWHERE!

Posted on April 11th, 2013

ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE STAFF. They are not helpful, do not call patients back with results (even after multiple voicemails over a period of WEEKS), keep irregular hours, and are not even at their office when they confirm with you the same day that they will be there! This makes it extremely difficult to coordinate the drop-off of post-surgery samples for their review. Also the information provided in the surgical info handouts given to patients conflict with each other AND with the info given by the doctor and yet again with the info given by the medical assistants. Completely unorganized. If your microscope is broken and you're waiting for a replacement microscope, why not call your patients and let them know so we don't have to call back week after week and leave voicemails? So stupid. Their behavior is inexcusable. Dr. Mullen himself did a decent job but I absolutely WILL NOT be back to see him and will not recommend other people to him. Terrible.

Excellent

Posted on March 21st, 2013

Dr. Mullen removed my left kidney which was medically necessary. From the very first appointment, he listened to everything I said. He explained what he was going to do and took whatever time was necessary for me to understand. During all encounters with him, he was available and present. He is extremely knowledgeable and highly skilled. After surgery, I had a very easy recovery with very minimal pain. He returned any and all calls promptly. The surgery and recovery went better than I had hoped. He exceeded all my expectations. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.

Alive Today

Posted on January 18th, 2013

Dr. Mullen cured me of cancer. What else is there to say?

Bladder Cancer

Posted on September 20th, 2011

this is a dr that will tell you like it is. looks at different options that can be available and dicusses each than tells you what he think is the best suited. very good and caring dr.

Prostate Cancer Patient

Posted on August 25th, 2011

Dr. Mullen was very clear and concise with my husband's options for treatment. He did not push in any way, shape, or form to do surgery. Gave us all the information we needed to make an informed, educated decision and was VERY patient and obviously an expert in his field. We asked for a second opinion for labs and urologist, and he was not the least bit offended or bothered by it. He and his staff sent the labs off that day and the second opinion was back within a week. EXCELLENT DOCTOR, EXCELLENT STAFF. Would recommend his to anyone!

Posted on November 25th, 2010

Mullen had one set opinion about what had to be done to treat my medical condition and he wasn't concerned whether that treatment was the best option for me. Very classic surgeon, he wanted to cut and he wasn't willing to explain my other options without scaring me. First it was that I was going to get a systemic infection and maybe die if I didn't do exactly as he instructed. When I asked him the statistics on people with my condition getting such an infection he couldn't present any. He also scared me into thinking one of my kidney's would have to be removed - before we had even done a renogram to test function. To his credit, he did spend a good amount of time explaining things to me, however, half the time in his office it felt as though he was trying to scare me into just agreeing with him. Needless to say, I found another doctor.

Posted on August 9th, 2009

After two other urologists whisked me in and out of the office with only a prescription and repetitive tests, A friend sent me to Dr. Mullen. He actually listened to my concerns and was able identify and explain my condition with sympathy and understanding.I'd recommend him to anyone.

BEWARE! HORRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER

Posted on June 19th, 2009

I WAS TOLD I MAY HAVE TUMORS BEFORE THE TEST RESULTS WERE EVEN DONE WHICH MADE FOR A VERY FUN NIGHT WORRYING ABOUT THE TEST RESULTS, TOLD MY PAIN WAS A FIGMENT OF MY IMAGINATION AND THAT THE BLOOD IN MY URINE, PAIN IN MY ABDOMEN AND BACK, HEADACHES, FEVER AND CHILLS WERE NOT A UROLOGICAL ISSUE. I AM NOW HAVING TO SPEND A WHOLE EXTRA DAY GOING TO ANOTHER UROLOGIST TO GET A SECOND OPINION!

Posted on August 15th, 2017