Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Nelson
Dr. John Nelson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fresno, CA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Nelson is affiliated with St Agnes Med Ctr, Fresno, Ca, Fresno Community Hospital and Med Center and Clovis Community Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. John Nelson has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. John Nelson has the following 12 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. John Nelson has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. John Nelson is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
He often would come into the room where I was and talk about another persons medical record without mentioning names. He reprimanded a employee in front of me. Always referred me to various cardiologists, when I need a procedure done in a hospital setting, with an excuse that he was going to be on vacation, or having surgery. Seemed insistent that I take medications even wanted to up the dose, even though the side effects were dropping my heart rate into the 30's and making it almost impossible to function during the day. I changed doctors, who changed my medications, no more irregular heart beats, bradycardia, and my ventricular hypertrophy is resolved.
Dr. Nelson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Agnes Med Ctr, Fresno, Ca
Fresno Community Hospital and Med Center
Clovis Community Medical Center
UCSF Fresno MEP - Medicine
Community Regional Medical Center
Community Medical Center-Clovis
Clovis Community Hospital
Saint Agnes Medical Center
35 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Community Medical Center
Dr. John Nelson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net CA Primary EPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCalifornia Vascular Institute, 7061 N Whitney Ave, Fresno, CA
Dr. John Nelson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fresno, CA.