Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John Newsom has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Newsom has a "concierge" family-medicine practice in Yardley, and also is President of the Medical Staff at the St. Mary Medical Center in Langhorne, PA. He is distinctly an "old school" doctor who still practices medicine the way it used to be -- before the government controlled every aspect of medical care in the U.S. He can do this because he is a concierge physician who works outside the Medicare system, and is not beholden to its requirements. Dr. Newsom is very easy to talk to, because he actually 'Listens'!
Dr. Newsom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St. Mary Medical Center - Langhorne
42 Years Experience
University Of Washington School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Dr. John Newsom accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJohn Harlan Newsom MD, 1588 Woodside Rd, Morrisville, PA
Dr. John Newsom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Morrisville, PA.