Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John P Norvell
Dr. John P Norvell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Franklin, TN, with another office in Atlanta, GA. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy & Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Norvell is affiliated with Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation. He speaks English.
Dr. John P Norvell has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy & Immunology
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John P Norvell has the following 14 expertise
- Watery Eyes
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Food Allergies
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Hay Fever
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Norvell is an amazing doctor. He is very knowledgeable and takes his time with each patient. He answers every question and concern that you may have. I have been going to him for 4 years and have never felt rushed. He treats you like he has known you forever and gives you quality time. He is my first choice for liver a doctor.
Dr. Norvell was dismissive and rude. While I was trying to ask him questions about my son's allergies, he was rushing to leave the room. He literally had one foot out of the door. The maddening part about that is he wasn't in the room for 5 minutes before he was heading out of the door. Ridiculous. I would not reccommend him to anyone.But, the office staff was wonderful. I was able to make an appointment within 3 days of calling the office. And, they office staff were very kind and attentive to me and my son.
Came in to see my daughter after an anyphylactic reaction, acted as if I was exaggerating and making up the entire incident (I am a healthcare professional and healthcare educator...I know anyphylaxis), shrugged it off as if it were no big deal, left the room, and came back in scolding me to keep her away from anything in the nut family and that she could die if she was exposed to anything like that again. (can we say multiple personality disorder??) Then sent my daughter (4 years old) to have bloodwork done and did not order the correct tests. We took her to another allergist and the testing we had done by this office had no clinical significance in her diagnosis at all. VERY FRUSTRATING! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!
Dr. Norvell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 2003
Dr. John P Norvell accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John P Norvell in this video.
Dr. John P Norvell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Franklin, TN.