Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John J Oshea Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. John J Oshea Jr has the following 15 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. John J Oshea Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
I had a bad knee - arthritis, impact from a staph infection (happened 4 months before I met Dr. O'Shea), past injuries. The staph infection meant I had to wait a bit before Dr O'Shea would consider operating - fine with me - I wanted an infection-free experience. I should not have worried. Dr O'Shea's surgical skills and his pre-surgery advice about the positive impact a knee exercise program would have on my outcome were both wonderful. I followed a vigorous exercise program in the months prior to my surgery and 24 hours after my complete knee replacement I asked to go home. It was granted because I could pass any exercise test they tossed at me. I walked up and down a staircase, easily walked around the hospital floor - all within 8 hours of surgery. Now, 2 weeks later, I have stopped taking all pain medicine (stopped 5 days ago), walk easily with either my walker or my cane, have better knee extension than before surgery (even given the swelling I still have around my knee). In all ways I am in better shape than before surgery and I had no idea how little pain the recovery experience would include. I had severe pain before and none now. I really appreciate his excellent work and the ease of working with his staff. When I arrived late for an appointment, they fit me in; his assistant who worked with me at his office and at the hospital answered every question I had. I would recommend Dr. O'Shea in a heartbeat. I feel like I am a walking miracle and I thank him profusely.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Oshea is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Dr. John J Oshea Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera Heritage Signature
- Premera Heritage and Heritage Plus 1
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPortland Joint Reconstruction Clinic Pc, 5050 NE Hoyt St Ste 668, Portland, OR
Dr. John J Oshea Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portland, OR.