Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. John O Meadows has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. John O Meadows has the following 10 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. John O Meadows has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 8
This guy is chauvinist. He walked in the door accusing me of things that weren't my fault at all on my FIRST visit, cut me off, discounted my experiences, and blatantly ignored me when I was practically yelling at him. Don't even think about going to this doctor unless you don't really care what happens to your body.
A pleasant man but none of my questions about my condition were answered. The Gastroenterology Center has no follow up. No one called to find out how I was. No one followed up my written request for information. A pleasant staff but I felt no one really cared after the procedure was done. It proved impossible to reach Dr Meadows. When I reported having problems I was told they would take a message but he would not be available till the following Wednesday. I never got answers relating to my specific problems. I got some generalities. Plus on my last visit I was left waiting in an office space for over an hour before the doctor arrived to give me a very brief talk.
I had a cholonostopy from Dr Meadows. Before he started, I got an Iv in my arm. When he got to the room, I was wide awake. He said, she's out enough,. I said, "I am wide awake: something is wrong witht he medicine. He continued to complete, after saying, Well, you really did a good flush, nothing at all, here is a little tiny rrunner or racer, I don't know which it was. He tried to loop it and when he snipped it, it was so small it fell back into the top of the upper most part he could reach. The whole time, I was screaming in pain. He finally said, Get her out of here. He pulled and yanked on the tube he had in me and the nurse said, Dr Meadows, this is why she didn't sleep, the tube is bent. No sooner than that was realized all the medicine hit me at once. I was out like a light for a very long time....I promised to sue him and now I have got to go back to this man again I think my problem started when he yanked this thing out of me. 1 yr after the cholonostopy, a horrible smell and like clear jelly fish fell out of the rectal area and it smelled so terrible I was ashamed. I thought it was something I did wrong....No,it was his neglince and anger at me for telling he his had to stop because I was watching the whole thing and it HUTR Terribel, If God willing, I don't have to see him again, I won't. I want a different Dr. but cannnot afford one as I am on disability. The worse man I've ever met and I have thuis due to his awful buthcher... The same thing hasppened to my father, only, he wound up with Alpha Strep and had to have his valve replaced. Bledding internally. All I have to say about Dr. Meadows, is he is getting one more chance with me. Then, that's it. I'll try one more time.
49 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
United States Naval Medical Center
Dr. John O Meadows accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John O Meadows in this video.
Dr. John O Meadows is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Delmar, MD.