Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Opitz
Dr. John Opitz, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Salt Lake City, UT, with another office in Salt Lake City, UT. He has 54 years of experience. His specialties include Medical Genetics. Dr. Opitz is affiliated with University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics, Primary Children+s Medical Center and University of Utah Health Care. He speaks English.
Dr. John Opitz has the following 1 specialty
- Medical Genetics
Geneticists are doctors with expertise in genetic or hereditary disorders. Many of the diseases we get are inherited, or passed on through the genes of our biological parents. These specialists study the biology behind a genetic disorder's origin, the traits that it presents in a patient and its pathway. This allows them to diagnose and treat each illness effectively.
Dr. John Opitz has the following 33 expertise
- Birth Defects or Abnormalities (Congenital Abnormalities)
- Brain Disorder
- Chromosome Aberrations
- Chromosome Deletion
- Chromosome Disorders
- Congenital Foot Deformities
- Congenital Hand Deformities
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Congenital Limb Deformities
- Craniofacial Abnormalities
- Craniofacial Dysostosis (Cleft Palate)
- Diseases in Twins
- Down Syndrome
- Extra finger or toe (Polydactyly)
- Eye Abnormalities
- Fetal Diseases
- Fetal Growth Retardation
- Fragile X Syndrome
- Growth Disorders
- Inborn Errors Lipid Metabolism
- Mental Retardation
- Movement Disorders
- Muscle Hypotonia
- Noonan Syndrome
- Seizure Disorders
- Sex Chromosome Aberrations
- Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome
- Webbed hands or feet (Syndactyly)
- X-Linked Genetic Diseases
Dr. John Opitz is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Opitz is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of Utah Hospitals & Clinics
Primary Children+s Medical Center
University of Utah Health Care
54 Years Experience
University of Iowa
Graduated in 1959
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Opitz in this video.
Dr. John Opitz is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.