Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. John Byers MD
Dr. John Byers, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Columbus, GA, with another office in Columbus, GA. He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Byers is affiliated with Medical Center, The, Columbus Specialty Hospital and Navicent Health. He speaks English.
Dr. John Byers has 2 locations
2300 Manchester Expy
Columbus, GA 31904
Book Online Now
Dr. John Byers has the following 4 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Interventional Cardiology
An interventional cardiologist has the same training as a cardiologist and they're well-versed in all types of heart disease and how to diagnose heart problems. The difference is that interventional cardiologists have additional expertise and training on specific interventional treatments for heart disease, such as angioplasties and stents. These methods use catheterization, which reduces recovery time as well as scarring after surgery.
Dr. John Byers has the following 14 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Byers - Posted on March 23rd, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. John Byers - Posted on February 3rd, 2014
Dr. Byers is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Medical Center, The
Martin Army Community Hospital
Bradley Center of Saint Francis
29 Years Experience
Uniformed Services University
Graduated in 1988
United States Army Medical Center
Dr. John Byers Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. John Byers's office for more information.
2300 Manchester Expy Columbus, GA : (706) 323-5552
2525 Williams Rd Columbus, GA : (706) 323-5552
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. John Byers, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Columbus, GA, in this video.
Dr. John Byers is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Columbus, GA.